CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Working browser in a Windows 7, 64-bit bottle?

Is there a browser that installs and works inside a windows 7, 64-bit bottle? (or get the internal gecko or ie to pull up pages) None of the browsers in the list of programs show as compatible. I know that links can open inside my default Mac browser, but I'm trying to use Mod Organizer 2 and Nexus to mod a Steam/Morrowind install. Clicking something inside Mod Organizer 2 (inside the bottle) works just fine to connect to my Nexus account and open up a webpage in my default Mac browser, but my browser doesn't know what to do with the link on the Nexus website page (outside the bottle). So, I was hoping to either install a browser inside the bottle to open those links or get the internal gecko or IE to work. IE will open, but doesn't open pages. Anyone know anything I could try here?

@Sean

First, what version of Crossover are you using?

Have you tried Firefox 45?

— I just tested this by installing Mozilla Firefox 45 into a Windows 7 64-bit bottle.
— Search for 'Mozilla Firefox 45' after selecting 'Install Software into...' option.
— Ignore the warning that the application is incompatible with that bottle.
— Install & finish (let Firefox be the default browser in that bottle too).

--mike

Oops, knew I forgot something ><

I'm using crossover 18.5.0.31742. I'm also on Mojave which also might be important to the discussion. I did try A Firefox, but it might not have been version 45. I'll go try that now and report back. Thanks Mike!

Well it installs ok, it loads webpages, but I can't seem to set it as the default browser. The button on firefox startup doesn't do it, firefox > options > general > make default browser doesn't do it either. I guess it's a setting in crossover somewhere? I tried in both a new bottle and a duplicate of the one I want it in, and I can't set it in either one.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQVdReW5LVTY0Y0JGOGFWciIsImdkcHIiOjB9