CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Valkyria Chronicles crash

I am trying to run Valkyria Chronicles, It worked for me in previous versions. This seems to be the last thing listed in the crash log before it silently crashes when loading the game with Steam already running.

0153:fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 51 (SPI_SETFILTERKEYS)
0157:fixme:d3d:state_linepattern_w Setting line patterns is not supported in OpenGL core contexts.
0153:fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafeaffe), STUB!
015a:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
015a:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x32edbc 0x0): stub
015c:fixme:process:ProcessIdToSessionId Unsupported for other processes.
015c:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x32fd04 0x0): stub

Before that, all I see is the system info, the call to start, and variations of this repeated 35 times:

0153:fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion wined3d 0x16bea0, adapter_idx 0, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM stub!

```'

As for where in the game it crashed, it was at the loading screen but I believe it finished loading and was starting the opening video. I think that is the case because if I start it without Steam loaded I see this repeated several times and wine starting the debugger right after:  

0187:fixme:seh:RtlCaptureStackBackTrace (0, 250, 0x32f210, 0x0) stub!
2019-12-10 17:34:11.910 wine32on64-preloader[5756:14174786] INFO: IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOUR PROGRAM IS ABOUT TO BREAK!

Either you or somebody else is using FAudio_CommitChanges,
when they should be using FAudio_CommitOperationSet instead.

MacOS Catalina  
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)  
4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7  
64GB RAM

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieU1DZExrekd0ZUx1YUdkZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9