CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

v19.0 Catalina - DoW: Dark Crusade - crashing in-game

Hi folks,

Not noticed anything similar so thought it was worthy of a new thread:

I'll be honest - I'm just running the free trial right now due to game/app uncertainty. The only Windows game/app I've used in the last few years is Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, bit of a nostalgic phase... Worked great on Mojave, absolutely flawless on my 2018 MBP. Updated to Catalina straight away and obviously stopped working.

Bought a new iMac a month ago and kept it on Mojave so I could still play. Tested v19.0 on the MBP when it was released and seemed to work in a very brief trial game, so I updated the iMac to Catalina and installed v19.0 on there too.

Installed DoW:DC fine, though a little slower. Game loads and opens fine, then freezes at seemingly random times whether during gameplay or in the lobby. Have to cmnd-ctrl-esc to do anything and start again.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, would love to play back through all my old titles!

(FYI I should add, I'm by no means the level of nerd I'm sure many of you are - that's a compliment - so possibly won't have a clue with some potential work-arounds/fixes you may suggest!)

Hardware info, if needed:
2019 27" 5K iMac - 1Tb SSD - 64Gb RAM - Radeon Pro 580X 8Gb - 3.6Ghz 8-Core i9

Did you import a archived bottle or setup all new bottles? I like you play these games as well. I will run a test with crossover 19.0 on Catalina with a fresh bottle setup and see what happens. Under 10.14 the game DOW Dark Crusade runs great.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVksyR2tXbkV4d3JMWUJoUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9