CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 19.0.0.32195, Catalina, and Call of Duty 4

I'm testing the trial of Crossover 19 to see if I can get COD4 running on a new 2019 16-inch MacBook Pro with the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB running macOS Catalina 10.15.2. I've had success running COD4 in earlier versions of macOS with Wine.

During initial installation, just after the "installation complete" message is dismissed, I see this error message:

I take it I need to install MDAC to resolve this. So I went ahead and installed MDAC 2.8 SP1 by choosing Configure > Install Software from the menu bar.

Then I installed the CoD4MW 1.6-1.7 Patch Setup and the COD4 1.8 security update.

But when I launch COD4 MP, the graphics are really screwed up on the screen:

Interestingly, if I take a screenshot, the image appears fine:

Question: Is my existing COD4 installation ok after installing MDAC, or do I need to reinstall COD4 after installing MDAC into a new bottle? Did I perhaps follow the wrong procedure?

Or is this likely just a bug in Crossover 19 that may later be resolved?

Happy to help debug if needed!

Did you installed DirectX for Modern Games?

Stjepan Barbaric wrote:

Did you installed DirectX for Modern Games?

Wouldn’t the Call of Duty 4 installer install DirectX automatically if needed?

Or are you talking about a specific package that needs to be added?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I went ahead and installed DirectX for Modern Games by choosing Configure > Install Software from the menu bar, but it didn't change anything. 😭

There's definitely some sort of video driver issue in play. I'm thinking this is a bug in CrossOver, either having to do with Call of Duty 32-bit code, or support for the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M.

Should I file a bug report, or is this forum post sufficient? Do CodeWeavers employees check posts in these news groups?

Hi

IMHO, you better file a bug report.

Regards

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicDY3RnhHVU5YdGdUQmdTRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9