CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Skyrim SE

MacBook Pro 16 with M1 Max
Crossover 21.1

I installed Steam via Crossover and then Skyrim SE via Crossover into the Steam bottle. I then opened steam and installed Skyrim SE.

How do I get this game to go full screen? I have seen many videos of people running this at 1080p and fullscreen but I don't even have 1080p as an option.

Also, I am seeing graphics artifacts when the game is running. I thought these were fixed.

To fix the graphical glitches, you must disable DXVK. Unfortunately this also reduces performance.

When experiencing issues running the game full screen, I usually go to the launcher and select windowed mode, select the desired resolution, then toggle full screen on again.

Thank you for the tip on disabling directx. I will try it when I get home.

I have tried setting the resolution and then unchecking windowed but it still loads like it’s in a window.

The game loads behind my top and bottom menu bars. It also loads partially off screen some depending on the resolution.

I was able to get fullscreen mode by editing the "SkyrimPrefs.ini" file under "/Users/YourUsername/Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition". Here are the lines I edited on my Macbook Pro 14" to enable fullscreen support:

bFull Screen=1
iSize H=945
iSize W=1512

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYUp3WnJZUjVrdnRGOFY1ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9