CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing Quicken 2017 Premier

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015
OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan
32 GB Mem
CrossOver 16.2

I read the threads and tried everything that worked for others, and a few ideas of my own. Finally copied a Quicken 2015 bottle, renamed it Quicken 2015 2 -> installed Quicken Premier 2017 into that bottle with a warning the "Net 6 or 16 4 1 - I think could not install fully because Windows update was not available on this computer". Beyond that the installation seem to go well.

On opening I get the regis page, put my login info in and it pulls up my name address etc - wants to know where purchased and what else I use (I tired entering, not entering, partial entering. Nothing works I get the "OOPS probably our bad try again" screen.

If I go to the .QDF file and tell it to open it opens fine with the information there then drags me back to the Registration screen.

It looks like, from what I've read Quicken 2017 Home and Business installs and runs ok. What about 2017 Premier? Will it install, how do I get it to install?

Thanks,
rhys

Hi, I am no computer expert, but have been running Crossover with Quicken for about 5 years now. I just updated my quicken from 2015 to 2017 Premier. It was a new installation, and seemed to install fine with Crossover. Then I was setting up the Quicken, and I had the same problem you did with the "Oops" screen. I spent about 50 minutes online with Quicken support. They told me to go to Quicken.com and download the "Mondo" patch for 2017 which includes all the Quicken 2017 updates. They were on the phone the whole time with me when I downloaded. I think I then restarted Quicken, and it then let me get past the Oops screen, and it has been good since then. I have since had some trouble updating new transactions, but I restarted the computer today and that seemed to help. I am running Crossover on a Macbook Pro. I hope this helps, but if it doesn't, just call Quicken support. It took a while, but they were helpful.

John - thanks for the reply. Shortly after posting I decided to give Quicken support a call and within 2 minutes I had a link to the Mondo Patch and a couple of minutes later a perfectly functioning installation of Quicken 2017. Only problem was that it filled my entire screen with no apparent way to reduce the size - I accidentally double clicked on the top bar and voila it was reduced in size so I resized to what I wanted and the world was good again.

I added a second post to discussion which shortly thereafter got removed. I thought the code weavers staff had removed because they had a simpler solution. Sorry you had to waste time with the Quicken people.

Again - thanks for your helpful reply.
rhys

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV21KRVNlUW14ZnFQZXg4QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9