CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mojave Beta & Codeweavers

Has the latest Mojave Beta broken compatibility with Codeweavers? I got an error message about Wine execution when I attempted to open Quicken 2017 on my test Mac (2016 MacBook Pro 13" TB). It works fine on my 2017 MacBook running High Sierra.

Also, I notice that 32-bit Windows applications also trigger the compatibility warning when opened in earlier versions of Mojave. Will Codeweavers need to be updated to make 32-bit Windows applications appear to be 64-bit in versions of MacOS after Mojave? Quicken, for example, is still 32-bit only (even the 2018 version).

Yes and yes.

The problem with the Mojave beta was a breakage introduce by the new version of the macOS. We discovered this on Thursday: we had an upcoming release planned anyway, and were fortunately able to find a fix quickly, which was straightforward enough that it will be included in our next release due out very soon. The Mojave breakage does not impact any earlier version of macOS: it's only happening with the Mojave beta.

The 32-bit warning will indeed be triggered. We are not able to fix the warning but we are working on a solution which will allow legacy 32-bit Windows applications to continue working even after Apple drops support for 32-bit macOS apps. This is obviously very important to us and our customers, because as you point out a great deal of Windows software is 32-bit only. You can read a bit more about our 32-bit plan here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/rabhiram/2018/6/26/the-good-the-bad-and-maybe-not-so-ugly

We cannot stop the warning from appearing on macOS Mojave, but the warning is just that: a notice that 32-bit support will be dropped in a future version of macOS. The warning itself will not stop 32-bit applications from running, and we are working hard now so that we have a functioning solution well ahead of the time when 32-bit apps are actually dropped from macOS.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmE4M3NSWWhIaFk1NVVRYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9