CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problems with executable plus data file

So I have a Windows application (it's proprietary from a client, so I can't share it or talk about it). I have MacOS 10.14.1 and CrossOver 18.0. The application came as a single .exe file and a folder of data files. I tried to install it using the installation wizard, selecting the folder that contained the executable and the data folder as the "installation folder". That ran and acted like it installed successfully, but there was no app icon afterward.

I then tried the process for directly executing a .exe file, but that didn't work, either. It also acted like it was creating a bottled app (and asked if it was okay to to overwrite the existing app). But again, no icon.

What I'd really like to do is say "here's an exececutable, and here's a data folder, go make the bottled app." And suggestions?

If the installlation is OK then check in the folder

Linux
~/.cxoffice/<bottle>/<appname>

Mac
~/Applications/CrossOver/<bottlename>

If your exe file is present try recreating the shortcuts using Configure menu.

It looks like it copied the contents of the data folder to Documents/<my initials>VX2. There are no files in ~/Applications/CrossOver.

Move folder with exe and Data to one of your Bottles c: drive/ Program files.
Install .NET and c++ redistrudable into bottle if You already haven't.

Then use "run command" and select your .exe file which you wish to run.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVFBwQkdzeWZ1aFZCUUZIRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9