CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Can't Install Anything To Any Bottle

Crossover Version: 19.0.1
Tested Application: Steam, etc.

I am trying the trial of Crossover Mac to see if it will work on my machine, and I'm already running into issues right away.

When I try to set up any bottle, Crossover is able to create the necessary bottle (So long as I manually delete any old bottles of the same name within Crossover's Application Support folder, since the software itself can't do that), but when it tries to install the dependencies (Fonts, etc.), I get a window popup to initiate the install, and select "Yes" to proceed, but then the window closes, and Crossover spits back this error:

The installer has exited but TrueType font: [font name here] does not seem to be installed
Continuing with the install may produce unpredictable results.

If I select "Try Again", I get no popup window, as well as this error:

The '/Users/victoria/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Steam/dosdevices/c:/users/crossover/Temp/tmplgWPpv' installation source of TrueType font: [font name here] is neither a file nor a directory!
Continuing with the install may produce unpredictable results.

I tested this mainly with Steam, but it has applied to any windows executable I have tested. How do I force Crossover to finish any install successfully?

Here is the debug log, for reference: https://pastebin.com/UXv4QBYx

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidFNtVDhFZXZRMkJkVWRVUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9