CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Not enough disk space issue in Steam on Mac M1

Hello

I'm just trying Crossover for running games through Steam on a Mac M1.

Installing was straight forward but I needed to remove a couple of games from my native Steam to make space. However, after doing this I don't see any difference in the amount of space available under Crossover (it's as though this disk space is still being used).

I've tried:

• Reinstalling steam.
  • Reinstalling crossover.
  • Deleting more than necessary.

Nothing has worked. I'm aware that I need to empty trash and my Storage overview under "About this Mac" reports more than enough free space.

Thanks

Dan

Hi there,

We hear reports similar to this every once in a while, and these mismatches between what Steam is reporting and what your Mac is reporting tend to be temporary. I'd recommend checking to see if you have a Steam client update available and rebooting your Mac. If the issue persists, please submit a ticket.

Thanks,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

We hear reports similar to this every once in a while, and these
mismatches between what Steam is reporting and what your Mac is
reporting tend to be temporary. I'd recommend checking to see if you
have a Steam client update available and rebooting your Mac. If the
issue persists, please submit a ticket.

Thanks,
Meredith

The problem is how macOS deals with free space, it allocates space as purgeable but wine is unable to detect this causing issues with detected free space.

This is commonly associated with the local time machine images that are saved on the macOS drive unless disabled.

Hey I have the same issue, I do have enough space. Please suggest a fix

Hi there,

Please see Dean's comment above - local time machine images are likely the culprit.

Best,
Meredith

thank you, it worked

Hi, for those like me who needed tutorial to free local snapshot to solve the freespace issues of steam :

https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/06/26/how-to-delete-time-machine-local-snapshots-in-macos

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic3BWV3lrYlE0OTRDV3JkOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9