CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to install Axialis Icon Workshop?

I'm puzzled by the installation procedure for Axialis IconWorkshop on the latest CrossOver for the Mac. I select the app from the menu, click Continue, and the first three tabs in the CrossOver Software Installer have check marks. The next screen ("Install & Finish") has checkmarks next to "CrossOver will download..." and "CrossOver will install..." - but the "Install" button is grayed out. The Edit Install Options buttons leads to a series of fonts that I need, but nothing I do there makes the "Install" button come alive.

I was able to download the installer and install it directly, but what am I missing about the Install & Finish tab?

And while, I'm here, how do I install the required fonts in the bottle that I've created? I've searched everywhere in the menus, and can't find any option to do this.

Thanks for any help?

Hi there,

I see what is happening: the installation recipe (what we call a CrossTie) for Axialis IconWorkshop includes Internet Explorer 7, which we can no longer automatically install. If you go into the "Edit Install Options" and remove Internet Explorer 7, you should be able to click Install. Please leave the fonts alone - those will get automatically installed without you needing to do anything. Please also note that I have no idea if this application will actually work, but following these steps you should be able to at least attempt the installation.

This is a really confusing workflow, so my apologies you ran into this situation! This happens very rarely, and we are planning on making improvements in a future release to prevent this situation from occuring.

Best,
Meredith

Thank you, Meredith. The application does indeed work in CrossOver when installed manually. There is one problem with the display: the toppling menu items with File, Edit, etc., mostly display as three dots, though they work correctly when clicked. I asked about this at the WineHQ forum, but with no response yet:

https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35539

Thank you again for this.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOTlKM1h1VkE1NVJ0QU5uUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9