CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Invalid Address Error

Hi,

I just tried Crossover for the first time and followed a couple of tutorials and installed steam which runs fine.

When trying to run a game, in this case Doorkickers 2 I get an error Message "Invalid Address" in a pop up window. Is this something fixable or is the game simply not supported?

Cheers
Björn

After I updated to latest version 21. I am in the same spot. Apps used to work will tell the same error, expect Steam I noticed

I’d also seen this issue, something is screwy with the launchers.

Hi folks,

Are you using the game-specific launchers for Steam games? If so, this is a known issue, and our investigation found that it would be too difficult and risky to fix in time for the 21 release :/ If you instead use the Steam launcher and then open the game in the Steam client, that should work.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi folks,

Are you using the game-specific launchers for Steam games? If so,
this is a known issue, and our investigation found that it would be
too difficult and risky to fix in time for the 21 release :/ If you
instead use the Steam launcher and then open the game in the Steam
client, that should work.

Best,
Meredith

I’ll need to check again tonight but the title I tried to launch wasn’t a Steam title.

It did fix for some. But Fallout 4 crashes on mine. Will this be the new normal? If so I want to go back to Version 20

Fallout 4 is a tricky situation: for CrossOver 20, I had added some xaudio overrides to the crosstie that will allow audio to work. Unfortunately, those xaudio overrides do cause a crash on CrossOver 21. We investigated this thoroughly before release, and we did not find a satisfactory solution. The one solution we could find was extremely risky, and we made the call that it wasn't worth the risk of breaking other applications to allow audio to work on Fallout 4.

There are a couple of options for Fallout 4: you can revert to CrossOver 20, or you can remove the xaudio overrides on 21 to play without audio. To continue using 21, you can either reinstall (the crosstie for CrossOver 21 does not include the problematic overrides) or you can remove the native overrides for x3daudio1_6, x3daudio1_7, xaudio2_6 and xaudio2_7 using Wine Configuration in your bottle. If you would like to proceed with that final option, I am happy to answer any questions you might have about how to do that.

Best,
Meredith

Hi,
Thanks for the replies - starting the game via Steam removed the popup. By looking at the games error log, there is a problem with OpenGL (see below). Any advice?

01:118 - OS_InitOpenGLDevice(): ...
001:120 - Display device \.\DISPLAY1 Apple M1 used for \.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0 Generic Non-PnP Monitor
001:190 - WGL Extensions: WGL_ARB_extensions_string WGL_ARB_make_current_read WGL_ARB_pixel_format WGL_ARB_pixel_format_float WGL_ATI_pixel_format_float WGL_ARB_multisample WGL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB WGL_ARB_pbuffer WGL_ARB_render_texture WGL_NV_render_texture_rectangle WGL_ARB_create_context WGL_ARB_create_context_profile WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_swap_control WGL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB WGL_EXT_pixel_format_packed_float WGL_WINE_pixel_format_passthrough WGL_WINE_query_renderer
001:190 - Max MSAA samples: 4
001:192 - DescribePixelFormat: flags=0x25, 32b color, 8b alpha, 32b depth, 8b stencil, msaa=0
[b]001:251 - OS_InitOpenGLDevice(): ERROR wglCreateContext() failed !
001:252 - OS_InitOpenGLDevice() failed ![/b]
001:252 - Destroying window ...
001:267 - done destroying window!

Damn. That's harsh! I bought this software for Fallout 4 in the first place. Atleast tell me you're.working on a fix real soon.

Bjoern wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the replies - starting the game via Steam removed the
popup. By looking at the games error log, there is a problem with
OpenGL (see below). Any advice?

001:120 - Display device \.\DISPLAY1 Apple M1 used for
\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0 Generic Non-PnP Monitor
001:190 - WGL Extensions: WGL_ARB_extensions_string
WGL_ARB_make_current_read WGL_ARB_pixel_format
WGL_ARB_pixel_format_float WGL_ATI_pixel_format_float
WGL_ARB_multisample WGL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB WGL_ARB_pbuffer
WGL_ARB_render_texture WGL_NV_render_texture_rectangle
WGL_ARB_create_context WGL_ARB_create_context_profile
WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_swap_control
WGL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB WGL_EXT_pixel_format_packed_float
WGL_WINE_pixel_format_passthrough WGL_WINE_query_renderer
001:192 - DescribePixelFormat: flags=0x25, 32b color, 8b alpha, 32b
depth, 8b stencil, msaa=0
[b]001:251 - OS_InitOpenGLDevice(): ERROR wglCreateContext() failed
!

Strange that WineD3D Vulkan didn't work for you, you need to manually enable DXVK again as that would have been disabled after upgrading the bottle.

Clarence Alfaro wrote:

Damn. That's harsh! I bought this software for Fallout 4 in the
first place. Atleast tell me you're.working on a fix real soon.

It's possible you could use the the dlls from faudio-builds that were build with ffmpeg support so that might get fallout4 working for you.

"DXVK Backend for D3D11" was/ is enabled. I tried it with Win7, Win8 and Win10 sadly no joy.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help.
Björn

Dean Greer wrote:

Bjoern wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the replies - starting the game via Steam removed the
popup. By looking at the games error log, there is a problem with
OpenGL (see below). Any advice?

001:120 - Display device \.\DISPLAY1 Apple M1 used for
\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0 Generic Non-PnP Monitor
001:190 - WGL Extensions: WGL_ARB_extensions_string
WGL_ARB_make_current_read WGL_ARB_pixel_format
WGL_ARB_pixel_format_float WGL_ATI_pixel_format_float
WGL_ARB_multisample WGL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB WGL_ARB_pbuffer
WGL_ARB_render_texture WGL_NV_render_texture_rectangle
WGL_ARB_create_context WGL_ARB_create_context_profile
WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_swap_control
WGL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB WGL_EXT_pixel_format_packed_float
WGL_WINE_pixel_format_passthrough WGL_WINE_query_renderer
001:192 - DescribePixelFormat: flags=0x25, 32b color, 8b alpha,
32b
depth, 8b stencil, msaa=0
[b]001:251 - OS_InitOpenGLDevice(): ERROR wglCreateContext()
failed
!

Strange that WineD3D Vulkan didn't work for you, you need to
manually enable DXVK again as that would have been disabled after
upgrading the bottle.

Clarence Alfaro wrote:

Damn. That's harsh! I bought this software for Fallout
4 in the first place. Atleast tell me you're.working on a fix real
soon.

It's possible you could use the the dlls from faudio-builds that
were build with ffmpeg support so that might get fallout4 working
for you.

Sorry, you are losing me there, haha. What do I have to do? Can I get a step by step method if possible please?

1 to 12 of 12

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZnBWOEVLY0tuYUpYTEU5ayIsImdkcHIiOjB9