CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 365 still not work properly on CrossOver 21?

Can be installed, but after first run it will crash and will crash every time it runs.
The sign-in doesn't work either.

But strangely I read on release notes, on Linux can works fine?

Hi Ernest,

Yes, Office 365 should work. Can you confirm that you are using a 32-bit online installer (extension is .exe) and that you are using our crosstie (that is, you are selecting Office 365 in the software installer) and are not making any changes to the defaults in the software installer?

Best,
Meredith

Hi Meredith,

Thanks for the reply.
Just to clarify my OS is MacOS Big Sur with Apple Silicon M1.

1. This is CrossOver Installation screen: image
  2. First run able to run: image
  3. Sign-in Blank: image
  4. Second run stuck unable to open: image

Tried just now again.

Maybe you can help to check? If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for clarifying; I missed this was on the Mac forum. Office 365 is not expected to work on Mac: it never has worked well, and so we encourage folks to use the native macOS version instead.

Best,
Meredith

Hi Meredith,

Thanks for clarifying.

My main goal for Office 365 working in mac using CrossOver is Microsoft Project 365, which not available on Mac.
Currently I'm using Parallels Desktop for Microsoft Project 365, and wishing for Microsoft Project 365 to work on CrossOver.

Hopefully it will work in the future.

Thanks.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidVpRUUJFUDNFRXNtWXhLWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9