CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Borderlands 3 - Steam version - Video playback

Good day,

For a few weeks now I have tried to make Borderlands 3 work on Mac via Crossover. The reason I don't play the native version is because for me, it won't work at all on Ventura. I also bought the entire game with DLCs for 45$ on Steam which was half the price Epic wants for just the DLCs.

In any case, by using "-NOTEXTURESTREAMING", the game works very well.

My issue is video playback. The loading videos and some quests load a video (MP4) and display them in game. This is what doesn't work.

I don't care about loading videos but the ingame videos, when they don't play, prevent the quest from completing and that's my issue. I read forums and found some old posts and they talked about codec but they were for Linux, not Mac.

I tried to install VLC, Windows media player, tried a few versions of Windows, nothing seems to work.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and found a fix? Getting this game to work has been a huge pain in my side for weeks now so I would love it if there was a solution for this.

Thank you

Quick update

I googled everything I could find around Borderlands 3 videos not playing in Crossover and everything points to the fact that Borderlands 3 does not have its own video player, it uses the windows built-in one which I don't believe is installed when you create a Windows 7 or Windows 10 bottle.

I tried to install Windows Media player, codec packs, quick time alternatives, VLC, any suggestion I could find on the web but nothing works. I can open the media player from crossover and double-click the MP4 video and it will play, but through the game it just won't.

Highly unlikely that this issue is Crossover, it's almost certainly the game itself but it might not be unique to Borderlands 3. This issue is on 22.0.1 and 22.1 as well.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUVg2WFBXSHNad0pnQlVDYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9