CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ubisoft connect - Insufficient hard disk space when installing games

Hello.

I have a problem with Ubisoft Connect on Crossover 22.1.

When I try to install a game from the Ubisoft Connect bottle/app, I get a low disk space message. The Mac hard drive still has 250Gb of free space. The bottle only shows me about 38Gb of free hard disk space.

Many greetings

Patrick

It's possible that you have local Time Machine snapshots taking up space on your drive. These are "purgeable" and therefore show as free space on your Mac, but some applications see the space consumed by local snapshots as not available. I've seen this reported by other people seeing messages that there is insufficient free space even though MacOS is telling them there's plenty of free space available.

Follow the instructions here to remove those local snapshots from your drive:
https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/06/26/how-to-delete-time-machine-local-snapshots-in-macos
Then restart your Mac.

Your actual available space should now more closely match the available space reported by MacOS, which will allow your game or other application to install into a Crossover bottle.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicDdUQUp1bkpKQ3RXUFVzVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9