CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to add fonts to winxp bottle on Mac?

Hi

Just wondering how I add additional fonts to a winxp bottle on a Mac (for use by e-Sword).

I copied the .ttf fonts into the windows/fonts directory in the bottle, but they are not recognized. I think they need to be "installed" some how, but not sure how to do that.

Thanks

There's a set of basic "core fonts" in the "support components" which you can install in your bottles . Theses are the same fonts you would find on most Windows system. Those should do the trick for most applications.

Otherwise, I must admit I don't know how to install individual fonts.

If you open Crossover click on (Install Windows Software) and then navigate to (Runtime Supported Components) you will find the fonts select your bottel to install into.

Woops didn't mean to step on you JP there are individual fonts in the supported Components and there are more in the Community Supported Applications.

Haha!

Don't worry about me or my post, sometimes I don't see new posts either! And, I'm also much harder to offend then that.

Anyway, what if the font is there in Community or Support Components, do you know the procedure then? I've never had to look into it, but it might be relevent to the original question.

Ya just select the font then the bottle you wish to install into and presto!

Also if you have an unsupported font in an .exe form you could select (other applications) under (Unsupported Applications) then select the file from crossover file browser and install that way as well. Mileage may very though.

You can also go to the Configure menu, Manage Bottles, highlight a bottle, and click Open C: Drive in Finder. In the Finder window that comes up go into drive_c/windows/fonts and copy the font files into that directory and they should be available to your Windows app in the bottle the next time it starts up.

Thanks everybody for your responses!

It turns out there was a validation error in the fonts I was trying to install which caused the Mac to not like them and therefore Crossover would not recognize them either.

The solutions above worked fine for fonts that did not have any errors, but if you have a font with an error then please read this thread:
https://www.codeweavers.com/via/e-sword?msg=152495

Thanks

Jeff Sherk wrote:

The solutions above worked fine for fonts that did not have any
errors, but if you have a font with an error then please read this
thread:
https://www.codeweavers.com/via/e-sword?msg=152495

When you go to the above link, you then need to also click on "e-Sword Forum" tab to see the post.

But I have copied and pasted it below...

Okay after lots and lots of research and testing I have finally gotten the AHLB fonts fixed and to load correctly on the Mac and to work with Crossover.

Here is the post that explains the procedure:
http://www.iwebss.com/tech/540-fixing-fonts-with-validation-errors-on-ma
c

And here is a copy of the instructions from the the website in case its not available:

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

STEP 1
Download the original AHLB fonts from Jeff Benner’s website here:
www.mechanical-translation.org/modules/ahlbfonts.zip

STEP 2
Unzip the files.

STEP 3
Download and install CR8 Software Solutions free font editor for Mac called Type from here:
www.cr8software.net/typex.html

STEP 4
Open your problem ttf or otf font in the editor (choose File then Open).

STEP 5
Choose Font then Rename Font.
Make sure all three field names are the identical and have the same name. They should all say the same thing and be the proper name of the font as you want it to appear in your font list. For example when I went to rename the OLBHEB.TTF font, the Family Name and Full Name said OLBHEB but the Sub Family said Regular. So I changed the Sub Family to OLBHEB as well so that all three were the same.

STEP 6
Select Remove All Non-English Entries then click RENAME button and click YES to confirm the changes.

STEP 7
Save your font (choose File then Save As).

STEP 8
Try installing the font on your Mac by double-clicking it.

DONE!!

OR THE EASY WAY...
You can download the “fixed for Mac”AHLB fonts here:
ahlbfonts_fixed_for_mac.zip

use cxinstallfont.exe in your c:/windows/system32 folder in your bottle.

its easy try it.

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1RWcHF4ZEJQWEtrUnVQRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9