CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

installing games with 2 cd's

this one has me stumped. Recently, I bought a copy of Escape from Monkey Island, and i figured crossover could handle it. So, I created a Windows 98 bottle, loaded in the first CD, got to 50%, so far so good. then I put in CD 2 and got stuck

any help appreciated

thanks

JB

I'm having the same issue with NWN (the original install disks). First CD loads great, but then its like it doesn't recognize the second CD is in.

Usually, you can use the eject button in the Crossover interface, which should alert your system to the disk change. Unfortunatly, it sometimes doesn't work.

What I usually do on my ArchLinux box is to copy both disk on the hard drive, with all the files in the same folder. During the copying of the files, if ever you are asked if you accept files to be overwritten, click yes. Some files are on both CD, and you only need one copy. Again, that's what I usually do, and I don't remember it not working, but your mileage may vary.

You probably will still need one of the disk later if there's copy protection, but that should allow you to install correctly. Once installed, you can delete the folder you created.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicWFDQ1pOWTVZWk5XOE5wNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9