CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Banished / DirectX Install fail

I have been attempting to play Banished via Steam and I keep having the same problem.

Every time I start the program I get the following messages:
Performing First Time Setup
Installing Microsoft DirectX for Windows (step 1 of 1)

After that I get Program Error message:
The program Application-steam-x32.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

The directx installation is a known problem. You can get around it by deleting C:\windows\system32\xinput*.dll from the bottle and running the game again.

I don't think the second problem is caused by the first though. Since you posted in the Mac forum I guess you're using OSX. Which graphics card and OSX version do you use?

I see you posted this in multiple forums. I'll copypaste my reply to the banished-specific forum - this is the best place to discuss this issue.

I have the same thing,how do I delete it from the bottle?

You have which same thing? The prompt about DirectX or the game not starting, or both? The DX thing is mostly a mild annoyance as Steam will continue to try and load the game anyway...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQWEyTEtQMlA1TVhHOHQzTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9