CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Problem - failure to import cxutils module into python

Hey i have a issue when I'm opening crossover it runs but in the menu bar everything is just greyed out, i can't choose preferences or choose to run exes, it only appears in the dock. I have cleaned plists and cache and savedstates. I thought this would be an upgrade over WineBottler and its very frustrating that when you buy an application it doesn't even work.

restored content for future searchers, the subject is interesting - Caron

Now it whines about some editted python script.

restored as the question is useful - Caron

bajs

First, no Codeweavers aren't scammers, and unlike the Mac hype, Mac are sometimes in such a state that things don't work as expected.

Second, if you would have paid attention, you would have read that to have official support, you have to open a support ticket. This forum is for the community of users to help each other out. Although the staff does look at the forum, it is the least direct way of getting Codeweavers staff attention.

Have a nice day! 😈

Unfortunately she just decided to fling bajs at us... what was the issue again?

The main issue is an tendency to be overly irritable...

The issue with Crossover was that things were greyed out and she couldn't launch anything.

I might be very slow but I have problems understanding that someone would go and buy a product without using the trial when there is one...but maybe that is just me...

Using trials, or reading manuals, isn't standard behavior it seems.

bajs

bajs

Clean your mouth. They offered you a solution, go to the ticket support system and ask for help.

bajs

J-P Simard wrote:

Second, if you would have paid attention, you would have read that
to have official support, you have to open a support ticket. This
forum is for the community of users to help each other out. Although
the staff does look at the forum, it is the least direct way of
getting Codeweavers staff attention.

Don't bother Ian, this is one of the worst self-entitled users there are. There is no point to argue. She only notices the problem after having posted acerbic nonsense, and replaces it by "bajs", having nothing better to do to hide her bile. Of course, she hasnt' realized that we all had her original posts to admire her "charming" dispositions. And she says I haven't been nice! 😋 I have down right a gentleman, resisting galantly her taunts! 😉

To paraphrase Monty Pyhton, being of French lineage, "She can boil her bottom, daughter of a silly person. I blow my nose at her. I unclog my nose in her direction, daughter of a window dresser. I fart in her general direction, pfffft, pffft. Now she can go away, or I'll taunt her a second time." If she come back, watch me "fetch une vache"!

Watch her go even more balistic if she come back to post again...

French tauntin, in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

J-P Simard wrote:

The issue with Crossover was that things were greyed out and she
couldn't launch anything.

I will reiterate what several people have said: if you file a support ticket, you will get a response from our support staff. It isn't immediately clear to me from the 'greyed out' description what is going on, but that is not the expected behavior and we would want to determine the cause. You are certainly welcome to file a ticket - access to support is part of what you paid for - and we will investigate.

Regards,

Josh.

That was the original description, but I will add that she also mentionned some error message about python in her second post. It wasn't any more precise of a mention, but it is a start. Hopefully, she will take a deep breath and file that ticket. As disagreable as I find her, I still hope she will get her money's worth.

While the language from the original poster in this thread was... less than civil, the question was valid.

The snippets that explained the original question have been restored. The error message that was "likely" received was:

• failure to import cxutils module into python*

As stated throughout the thread, please file a Support Ticket if you experience this issue.

The answer you will likely receive from our staff will start with:

It sounds like your install of Crossover is damaged or corrupt. I
would suggest completely removing Crossover by following the
instructions here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/uninstall

Next download Crossover again from this direct link:

http://media.codeweavers.com/pub/crossover/cxmac/demo/crossover-13.1.0.zip

Then, install it again. If you need help installing Crossover, we
have a helpful guide here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/install

Should problems persist after a complete re-install, please file a Support Ticket.

1 to 17 of 17

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYVNSV2RxOEtGV1dYcm5SNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9