CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MMORPG - Dragon Prophet - unsupported Windows Version ?

Hello Guys ;)

I tried to install several games like RIFT (supported ), Warface ( unsupported but works great ) and Risen 3 ( little bit buggy ).
Now I tried to install Dragon Prophet and got a problem.
I cant install the Game downloader.
And if I download the Full Client what commonly the Downloader does, it tells me i got a wrong windows version to install it.

How can I fix this bug ?

And will it work when I copy the Game-folders from an installed Game on a windows pc ? Is there a an option to install it ?

Having googled the requirements for the game, as they are far from easily found on the website, it would seem the minimum windows needed is Vista. The thing is, Crossover creates WinXp bottles by default. That's why you had that "wrong windows" message.

The manual explains how to chose the bottle version here. It is no act of sorcery to change it, but I would rather give the manual's page, just in case.

So I would say try a vista bottle, since it is the minimum, but do try 7 or 8 bottles if ever the installer still fails. We can go from there if things still don't work out.

I tried it with a Windows 7 and Windows 8 Bottle, still don´t work.

i don´t know what to to :(

Thx for your fast support :)

This looks to me like a DirectX 10 game. Clues:

supported OSes: Windows Vista, 7 & 8
min GPU: Nvidia 8600 GT or equivalent

winehq page seems to indicate the same:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=28280

FAQ:

http://www.dragonspropheteurope.com/forum/topic/3820-dragons-prophet-installation-faq-fixes/

I keep getting a 'Floating point division by zero' error'

Fix: Dragon's Prophet does not support Windows XP, in order to play
you will need to upgrade your OS. Windows XP does not support the
DirectX needed to run Dragon's Prophet.

DirectX 10 is not supported on WinXP and currently a work-in-progress for the wine project.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZzVnRXNVVkxNUVRFdVJHMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9