CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Double Click Minimizes/Maximizes app

I'm running Remote Administrator Viewer 3.4 from famatech, it's a remote control app somewhat like RDP that comes with windows. Before upgrading to the latest version of crossover double clicking within the window behaved normally. Now double clicking minimizes/maximizes the entire window, rather than doing something normal (like launching the application within the remote window).

I looked at the crossover preferences and nothing seems to control this behaviour. Can anybody help?

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I was having the same issue since I upgraded to Yosemite. After spending a couple of hours researching this issue and found nothing on any support site, I noticed that I couldn't double-click on text to select on Mac programs and other places in the OS as well. I started experimenting with the speed of my double-clicking, when I started double-clicking really fast I noticed that the selection of text and programs in the finder started to work. This let me to think the double-click speed was set too high. This is where I found the setting to fix it:

Go to System Preferences/Accessibility/Mouse & Trackpad and set the Double-click speed to the middle and things should be back to normal, including Radmin.

Simon Bolduc wrote:

I'm running Remote Administrator Viewer 3.4 from famatech, it's a
remote control app somewhat like RDP that comes with windows.
Before upgrading to the latest version of crossover double clicking
within the window behaved normally. Now double clicking
minimizes/maximizes the entire window, rather than doing something
normal (like launching the application within the remote window).

I looked at the crossover preferences and nothing seems to control
this behaviour. Can anybody help?

If you have not changed your double-click speed, I do not see why an upgrade from CrossOver 13 to CrossOver 14 would cause a change in the way Remote Administrator Viewer 3.4 behaves. It sounds like the upgrade did cause a change in that behavior, so unless you also changed your double-click speed as the other poster suggests, it sounds like a bug in CrossOver.

I'm forwarding this to our ticket system to see whether there's something we can figure out about why this would have changed.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQlprWjZoZHJ1ZlFVZTRRSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9