CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

RESOLVED Phantom icons appearing in Dock when applications launch RESOLVED

Sorry folks - I didn't realise this topic already appears in the forum.

It seems to be caused (in my case) by running a pre vs 14 Crossover under Mac Yosemite.

David (O.P.)

I run Crossover for Mac on an iMac under Yosemite.

After problems with Crossover/Mac 14.xx I reverted to v13.2 by deleting the one and reinstalling the other from the downloaded .zip file.

Before I tried installing 14.0, running a winxp app in 13.2 would just show the app icon in the Dock. Since then, and even after re-installing v13.2, I get an extra 4 icons in the Dock, all called "bin". They can be closed individually, but this results in impaired function and finally closure of the windows app.

This happens with ALL my windows apps. Sometimes I see 12 or more phantom icons.

I expect it to be something I'm doing wrong which may be easily remedied. Anyone ?

Or it may be a consequence of the install/uninstall/reinstall activities, leaving something nasty in the woodshed. I don't know how I can get any further back than the uninstall/reboot procedure already undertaken.

Can anyone suggest something to try?

Thanks
David

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTHd5WkJMRW5hVU1DYXdhcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9