CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does anyone know how to launch native mac program from a win XP or Win 7 bottle?

Does anyone know how to launch a native mac program from within a bottle. I have a program that calls internet explorer and passes a URL and this call is slow and sometimes explorer crashes. I would rather use native mac Safari and pass the URL. Safari launches very quickly compared to IE.

Thank you
Tony

Open Crossover, click the Bottle button in the upper-left, select the bottle containing your program (or IE), go to the Bottle menu in the menubar, Settings, Reset Default Web Browser. Urls launched from the app in that bottle will now startup Safari or whatever your default Mac browser is.

Did a quick test and for the browser side is exactly what I am looking for! Thank you very much!

Will this work for pdf files as well?

Thank you
Tony

I think it should work automagically for PDFs as long as no specific PDF mime type is registered in the bottle's registry. CrossOver will forward open requests for unknown files to OSX.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFdyd2d2c05IU2FUR1RZSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9