CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mac and gamepad questions

Hi,

I am new to CrossOver and gaming, but I would like to try to play certain Windows games on my Mac - mid-2012 MacBook Pro, 8Gb of RAM, Mac OS 10.10.1

I use a Logitech F710 for playing the Lego games - both from Steam and direct from the Mac App Store - and this works without any set up. I launch Gamepad Companion, it recognises the device, I don't need to do any more.

I recently added an Xbox 360 wired controller when I discovered a game that wouldn't recognise the Logitech device - I use the Tatiebogle driver here, and that works without any fuss.

I'm wondering if I would be able to use CrossOver and play IL-2 Sturmovik, or some of the other combat flight-sims, with my gamepad.

I am not experienced with tinkering so I would not be confident in my ability to do this if the games required it - and I am also concerned about buying Windows games only to find that my controllers don't work when I launch them.

Has anyone here been able to play IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 using a gamepad and have it work fine? Are there any other Windows combat flight games that work with a Logitech or Xbox controller?

Cheers

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia3JTV1ViUk1RQ2FBYjZmRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9