CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Metatrader 4 not working

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run Metatrader 4 on my entry model MacBook Air M1 Big Sur OS. But so far have not got it to work. I have opened a ticket, but so far we have not got it to work. It's weekend now so I thought I'd give it a shot over here. Hopefully we can get it fixed so others can benefit from it aswell.

What happens:
After I have installed MT4 and try to open it, MT4 shows in the docking bar, but no windows opens up with the actual program running. I can see MT4 in the top left of my screen and if I hover over it I get the "spinning wheel". The only way to get rid of this is by force quoting MT4 in the docking bar.

I have followed the MT4 installation process as posted on this site. A few things that caught my eye here:

1. Even though I am installing MT4, the installation video clearly selects MT5 from the dropdown menu in Crossover. Either way, I have tried both options with the same results.
  2. Crossover says the installation fails, but the video says this is normal and not an issue.

What I have tried:

1. Removing Crossover completely
  2. Different .exe files from different sources for MT4

Any ideas are welcome, if you need any more information I am happy to provide.

Cheers, W

Hi again,

Apologies, saw too late this is not a support forum.

W

Hey I was just wondering if you found the fix. I have the exact same problem, I have the MacBook Pro with the M1 Chip.

Hi all,

We investigated and determined it is a Rosetta issue. We have reported this problem to Apple, and hope that a fix will be included in a future Big Sur update, but we have no timeline to offer.

Thanks,
Meredith

Hey,

Okay thanks, would you be able to update me when the issue gets fixed and I will buy Crossover :) Thanks.

Kind Regards

EB

Hello,

How likely is it that Apple will fix this Rosetta bug? is it something that is specific to Metatrader or other apps?

also do you know when crossover will be native on the m1? I am wanting to buy crossover for my new m1 macbook :)

Our internal tests have shown that this issue is resolved with the Big Sur 11.2 public beta. If you're comfortable installing a beta OS you can try it out; otherwise, the safest option is waiting for 11.2 to be released.

And CrossOver 20 is compatible with m1 machines :)

Thanks,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZjlSdzd2cXpuVHo2ZEZ1QSIsImdkcHIiOjB9