CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Skyrim Special Edition/Crossover and Steam/Mac

Hey, folks,

I recently installed the Skyrim 64-bit special edition using Crossover, and it seemed to go well. But I can't launch the game; I just get a gray screen. I'm new to the Crossover world, but the other game I tried is working beautifully. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Did you enable DXVK? as that's required in order for it to run

Thanks for that. Can you please tell me how to do so? I am grateful for the help.

Hi there,

To enable DXVK, right click on the name of the bottle that you installed Skyrim SE in, go to Settings and select "DXVK Backend for D3D11". When you see the checkmark, DXVK will be enabled next time you start the bottle.

Best,
Meredith

That did the trick! It is now working beautifully. Thank you so, so much!

If I can trouble you one last time...

The game launches beautifully, but it seems to extend past my monitor, even when I play windowed, so I can't read the captions or access all the controls. Any advice> Thanks yet again.

Hi John,

I'd try adjusting the display settings in the game - hopefully changing the resolution there will fix the issue.

Thanks,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNk5NaEx4cHBKcU05OTZ6cSIsImdkcHIiOjB9