CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Edit Wine/CO settings for more fps?

Hi
I tried the trial of crossover. Thinking about buying it.

Can I edit deeper settings for a game in wine/crossover, to get more fps?
Like gfx settings: Use dx9/dx10, set amount of video ram or which mode for gfx?
I can't remember what it's called. But I know some settings can be very effective for getting more fps

I have the latest macbook Air (M1) and the game I want to run better is TrackMania United Forever
Thanks

Hi there,

In principle, yes, but it's hard to say for sure without knowing what exactly you want to change. Using CrossOver, you should be able to changes any in-game settings, and you can also set launch options in the Steam client as well. Advanced users who know what they want to change and are feeling adventurous can also make changes to the registry or edit game files that are stored in the bottle. Again, I can't guarantee that you'll be able to make any and all changes that you want to, or that the changes will have the desired effect, but the possibility of making changes does exist within CrossOver.

Thanks,
Meredith

Ok thanks.
Any chance you could try Trackmania United Forever and maybe get idea to fix for much more fps?
Last I tried I got unnaturally low fps.
Something is not set right.
Thinking there must be some way to improve it

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV0tnRXZ2WHdHQm1DaE52cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9