CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Clearly doing something incorrectly :

(Thank you Esme for the prior reply! ) I've done the following:
selected the bottle and archived it on the old computer.
copied both the archive and the entire 52+Gigs of game ( Guild Wars 2 ) to the new computer, placed the game in the same location that it was found on the old computer.
launched CrossOver , Imported the archive , but the launch icon does not successfully launch.
then tried to Install and CO went through the entire process with no errors, but upon launching, the game generates an error and crashes.
messed about with this quite alot and found a working solution, but ( despite granting access permissions to both the game and to CO ) the game downloads a small chunk of code, then launches the game proper. Every time. It's as if the small chunk does not get written anywhere.
This is unusual behavior as the operation on the old computer worked fine and the original Mac Beta version worked fine - both without the extra chunk.
So... I suspect that I am missing some linkage or operation that properly "fills all the bottles" correctly. Any guidance would be appreciated. I really don't want to have to spend the 13 hours to download again - especially since I have a working copy. Al

Hi there,

If you have a .cxarchive of your bottle, all you should need to do is import the archive on your new machine: that should include all of the game files, and you shouldn't need to move any of those over.

Best,
Meredith

Thank you Meredith. The .cxarchive is but 327.5MB in size. The game alone ( without the CO supporting files ) is 52.51Gig. I had expected that the archive would have been the entire game, but that was not the case. Again - it may have been something that I did incorrectly in making the archive.
On the machine that I started with ( testing ) , the structure is as such ( long working directory form : all in /Macintosh HD/Users/aszy/Applications/) :
../Crossover
../Crossover/Guild Wars 2/
../Crossover/Guild Wars 2/Guild Wars 2.app -- this is what I suspect got archived as it's 433MB in size
../Crossover/Guild Wars 2.app -- also 433MB is size
../Guild Wars 2
../Guild Wars 2/bin64 - folder of 51.2MB containing all of the downloaded bits
../Guild Wars 2/Crash.dmp
../Guild Wars 2/Gw2-64.exe 34.9MB
../Guild Wars 2/Gw2-64.tmp
../Guild Wars 2/Gw2.dat

When I told CO to install GW2, this is how it placed the data. It looks to me like it just used a pointer/alias/link to launch from the CO interface.

When I moved to the new machine, I duplicated the location schema and re-installed. I have determined that part of the current wonky behavior is that there is a Local.dat file that has been created in ../aszy/Documents/Guild Wars 2/ that is getting updated with every launch of the game.

Again, I am thinking that there is a pointer/alias/link that is broken in addition to the failure to accurately archive the original entire data structure.
Thanks for your help.
Al

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY0NaVExya1d0NjhITHE1ciIsImdkcHIiOjB9