CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Capturing Mac screen from inside CrossOver program?

Hi, this might be a bit of a strange question. I'm an artist and I often livestream while I'm working. I found this program, VDRAW, that shows your screen with a virtual avatar "drawing" on it while you're drawing and it looks really neat. I can get the demo version working just fine in CrossOver, but I'm stumped as to how to capture anything happening outside of the app. When I'm streaming I use OBS and just window capture the program I'm drawing in, but VDRAW is unable to "see" anything outside of CrossOver. Is there any way to get CrossOver or VDRAW to see something like a window capture? I totally understand if this isn't possible, it just seems like a really cool thing to try for fun, if I could get it to work.

This is VDRAW, it's in Japanese but the program does have an English language option https://sites.google.com/view/vdraw/

I'm running a 2019 MacBook Pro with Big Sur, if that matters in any way.

If you have a Mac there are several ways but the one I like best is an app called Copy' EM Paste on the App Store. Not only is it a wonderful clipboard manager but has a host of ways to take screen shots without key commands etc. For me it is the simplest way to do stuff like that. I hate trying to remember key commands etc!

User Deleted wrote:

If you have a Mac there are several ways but the one I like best is
an app called Copy' EM Paste on the App Store. Not only is it a
wonderful clipboard manager but has a host of ways to take screen
shots without key commands etc. For me it is the simplest way to do
stuff like that. I hate trying to remember key commands etc!

Not quite what I'm trying to do. I mean screen capture as in a live capture of what's going on in a Mac OS window to an app running inside CrossOver. Since I'm sending it through OBS to a live stream, a screenshot won't quite do the job. I'm also not sure how to get the program running in CrossOver to "see" the Mac OS display.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTm5wWGFVV1dhenNSTFA5NSIsImdkcHIiOjB9