CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Rift randomly crashing with 13.1

Rift is now randomly crashing with 13.1.

It plays for a while and then randomly crashes for no apparent reason.

Add Visual C++ 2008 to the bottle with Rift and that seems to fix it up, otherwise file a support ticket at info@codeweavers.com

Encountering the same thing. I have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (9.0) Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - X86 9.0.21022 installed. Anything else? I've sent a support message as well but wanted to keep the thread alive.

I'm having the same issue. The game runs fine for a while until eventually, textures start getting corrupted and within 10-15 seconds, it crashes.

About this...

Add Visual C++ 2008 to the bottle with Rift and that seems to fix it up

Do you mean VS2008? Or just the VC++2008 run-time redistributable? If the former, does the express version work?

Hello everybody. It has been a couple of months with this problem fully known to everybody yet there has been no solution to this problem that crashes my game every 25 minutes. Will there be a fix for this? Since Rift has upgraded to patch 2.7 when I enter big zones my game will crash right away and when it goes to re-enter the game it crashes over and over until I stop it which is very annoying.

I'm aware of this problem, but unfortunately I have not yet found a fix. RIFT leaks memory, depending on the activity in the area where you are this can be as low as 100 mb / hour, but can even be higher. Due to memory management differences between OSX and Windows, RIFT can leak about 2.5 GB before it runs out of address space on Windows, giving you plenty of time before it crashes. On OSX, there's about 500 MB of address space left once the game loads all its data, so it will crash much sooner.

There may be other problems leading to the crashes. The memory leak is the one we can reproduce reliably.

Thanks for the update. Any luck?

The last the game worked perfectly was with Crossover 12.2.2. Not sure if that helps at all, as you say the Rift client is the one that's causing the issue, not the Codeweavers client.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOXFteThia0o0OU1BaHJ0SyIsImdkcHIiOjB9