CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver won't open in Mavericks

Hi all,
I just updated to OSX Mavericks (10.9.2) but Crossover won't open. The icon bounces on the dock but then just quits without any alerts or messages. Before upgrading OSX, I was running Crossover 13.0.1, so I re-downloaded and installed it but still no luck. I've also tried 13.1.0.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

This shouldn't happen, so I've forwarded your post to our ticket system. I'm not sure what is happening offhand, but it's certainly not supposed to do that.

I'm also experiencing this with Crossover 12.2.1 and Mavericks.

Check the requirements page. The oldest version that will run on Mavericks is 12.5.

I also cannot open Crossover since upgrading to Mac Osx Mavericks!

Please make sure you are running the latest version of CrossOver.

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm posting in the right thread. Just wondering if anyone's found a solution to this yet? My issue is a little stranger. I have been running Crossover 13.1 on Mavericks Os X 10.9.3 for a few months now and its been working fine. Just a few days ago Crossover stopped launching (the Crossover icon just bobs exactly as described by others on this thread) then quits unexpectedly. Not sure why this is happening as I haven't installed or updated any new software.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

ML wrote:

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm posting in the right thread.
Just wondering if anyone's found a solution to this yet? My issue is
a little stranger. I have been running Crossover 13.1 on Mavericks
Os X 10.9.3 for a few months now and its been working fine. Just a
few days ago Crossover stopped launching (the Crossover icon just
bobs exactly as described by others on this thread) then quits
unexpectedly.

I forwarded your post to our ticket system (just as with the OP). The issue the OP was having turned out to be a configuration problem specific to their computer: it's not (very) likely that your symptom has quite the same cause. However, the version of CrossOver you describe should run on your computer, which it sounds like it did for quite a while. Sometimes the forums here are very helpful, but it may be faster in this case to work directly with our support staff to track down the problem.

Cheers,

Josh.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZFJVaFVzSkhjRUxibTJzeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9