CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running Template Toaster on mac

Hi all

I really want Template Toaster (http://templatetoaster.com) to run on my Mac. I have installed CrossOver Mac and the Template Toaster.

The program will start, be gets an error saying that I need to install Mono: "Command error text: wine: Install Mono for Windows to run .NET applications"
. This I have tried without success. Maybe because I am not sure, that I use the right version of Mono. But I do not know which one to use.

Can anyone help? Please

Actually, the website requires .Net 4, so you should try to install that. You have to go through Crossover's interface and allow it to download what it needs, as it will go through a very specific process . Just downloading .net 4 and installing straight away yourself will fail.

You should know that .Net software is quite possibly the worst there is for Crossover. Sometime the apps work, sometimes they don't, and there's very little one can do about it.

Thank you for your response. That does not sound very promising.

How do I let CrossOver install the needed things itself?

Since you're on a Mac, I would say that you should just use the crosstie found at...

.net 4.0

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=5917

.net 4.5.1

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=12763

Either one of those should work, but you don't need both. .Net 4.5.1 seems to have better rating on Macs, so that might be the better choice, but experimentation will tell how true that is. Make sure it installs in the same bottle as your software, that's about the only thing you need to worry about.

Lastly, I didn't want to be overly negative, as I have gotten .Net apps to run before. I just meant that when they don't run, there is rarely anything to do about it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHBRVHQ0bUhWOVNlR2RVZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9