CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Vector Vest 7 install successful but won't open

I have version 11.3.1 and installed VectorVest 7 successfully but it won't open. When I click on the VV log it starts to open and then closes. I know it says here that it is untested but I have other programs that have. Any ideas?

Geoff

Geoff Isard wrote:

I have version 11.3.1 and installed VectorVest 7 successfully but it
won't open. When I click on the VV log it starts to open and then
closes. I know it says here that it is untested but I have other
programs that have. Any ideas?

Geoff

Have you by chance updated to Mavericks? CrossOver 11.3.1 is not compatible with Mavericks and will crash on launch.

Any luck getting Vector Vest 7 to run? I had the same problem. It installed, but would not open and run. It just closed.

Have you talked to VV support about helping? We can't be the only ones trying this.

I was able to install VectorVest 7 using CrossOver Mac, however, I had to download the Microsoft .Net framework. After having downloaded that, it doesn't include the necessary file required for VectorVest to operate. This tells me that there's some file/program that is built into the Windows OS that is not part of the API.

I have a very old Windows PC that I'm running VectorVest on and I'd love to be able to use it on my Mac. I've contacted VectorVest about a Mac Port, they say that their Mac User customer base isn't large enough to warrant creating a Mac Port.

If CodeWeavers knows of a work around, that would be great. I'll keep an eye on this forum to see if anyone responds with a possible work around, or an inclusion of the .Net framework in a future version of CrossOver.

I'm also trying to get VV7 running - but on Crosssover Linux.
I have it running but it is unstable and brings up a .NET error when I try to enter Portfolios, the program continues to run, but screen won't refresh properly and some on screen data is unable to be seen.
I can get VV7 to crash consistently by going to Viewers and selecting any watchlist.

Anybody had any more success? ...maybe with other Microsoft packages installed in your bottle first?

cheers, Craig.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQlRKV2ZaYTc1WXhlaExacyIsImdkcHIiOjB9