CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2014 needs .NET 4.0

I'm running CX Version 13.2 (13.2.0.27771), on MAC OS X 10.9.4 CROSSOVER
tells me I need ".NET V4.0.30319". Crossover doesn't have it in "Service packs and upgrades". Where can I get it?
Thanks.
Ron

.Net is a hit or miss on WINE. You can download the installer from Microsoft's site and hope it works.

Thanks Donny. Yup, I tried and it failed. boohoo. When I launch Quicken 2014 I get this message.
"Error Parsing C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\Machine.config Parser Returned Error 0X80004001."

Any idea on how to cure this?

Thanks,
Ron

The others here will be able to help you more than I can, but that looks like computer greek telling you that .Net 4.0 isn't gonna work with this version of crossover.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=17886

On the Wine application Database, it says that 4.0 runs side by side with 3.5. The only thing I can think is to install .net 3.5 in the same bottle as 4.0 and give it a go.

Well I'll be darned. I found .NET v4 on the M$ website and installed it into the Quicken bottle but it didn't help any. Today I went back to CX's configure/install scrolled down to the run time section and low and behold .Net v4 was there. either they just put it there or I didn't see it before... So just for kicks I installed it into the Quicken bottle a screen popped up that asked if I wanted to repair it I clicked yes . I fixed the MS's install and now it doesn't give me the error msg. huh, go figure.

thanx for all your help.
Ron

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1FacnpHbTZXc1ZVVktKWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9