CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error running Crossover on OSX Yosemite

When running a windows application (Enterprise Architect 11) and after updating to OSX Yosemite, there are always 7 icons visible in the dock.

One Icon is CrossOver Office. The second one is Enterprise Architect. The third through seventh are folder-icons are references to "$HOME/Applications/CrossOver/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin".

I've experienced that, too.
This only occurs when using codeweaver's own windowing system, which lags as hell in MS Office 2010. (Why is that? I thought it was supposed to be a better replacement for X window system)
Edit: It stopped lagging magically when i upgraded to Yosemite. Anyway, flickering now occurs when scrolling or dragging, but not as bad as with X window system.

When using old X Window system, everything works smooth and those folder icons do not appear.
Yet, with X, when dragging programs across the screen they flicker badly. Also, you can clearly see when screen is redrawn as the new image rolls from top to bottom.

Same here - when using the old X Window System the additional/unneccessary icons are gone but the redrawing is very slow (too slow to get some work done, really).

I'm encountering the folder icons as well (with the same reference to $HOME/Applications/CrossOver/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin).

Same here. I've tried to run FTPRush and it was like 22 icons opened, causing a huge CPU usage and referred to the same /bin file. It seems it's a huge bug! It's because of Quartz? (X11)

No, this is because of the Mac Driver I think, the X11 window system seems to work fine.

(My bad! I just started a similar thread ...)

I can't pretend to understand the 'explanations' given so far - I just wonder if anyone has a solution or workaround?

David

This is known issue with running older versions of Crossover on OS X Yosemite. We have fixed this with Crossover 14 which officially adds support for Yosemite.

Thanks
Vince

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia0M4M3RkYzR0cFRtbVhQcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9