CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

can’t get to work on mavericks

hey guys, bear with me its my first use of this program so i may just be doing something wrong.
downloaded the demo as theres a few steam games i want that are only on windows, installed a winxp bottle and steam all fine no errors.
my problems are

1. steam dent show anything (black screen) till i press anything and then go back to the original screen to see it, example loads to home steam page...blank, so ill click say wish list again blank, them when i press back some of the page is there, usually enough to navigate, but this is what i need to do to progress, which as you can imagine is a pain and very awkward.
  2. downloaded warlock, press play, get the warlock flash screen then all white, nothing for about 30 secs to a minute then it closes with a box saying an exe. error.
    i have looked on the steam page using my mac version and a lot of games were win vista/7 etc so even tried redoing the bottle (with the warnings) but no luck,
    any ides?
    thanks for your time

I assume "warlock" is warlock: master of the arcane? It does not work on wine/CrossOver currently.

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=34480

haha, ah well, thanks for answering, what about the graphics problem? any idea?
also will it only work with games that need xp as thats the bottle i have installed, as its says that crossover isn’t compatible with the win 7/8 versions which i assume i need to play those type of games?

I suggest that you search whether an application is compatible or not on this very site. The ones that are officially supported should work just fine. The rest are community maintained, usually work... but in some cases they don't.

Mark Emmerson wrote:

...it only work with games that need xp as thats the bottle i have
installed...

You can install more than one bottle. In fact, by default, CrossOver should install things in new bottles most of the time (sometimes this is not true for Steam installs and a few others - however, even in these cases you can override the default and install new bottles to your own specifications).

If an application is listed in our installer and already has a "crosstie" (an install recipe) then a bottle of the appropriate type will be created for you when you install it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZmRXdmJKcldQS21OZGY3cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9