CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Download Crossover first before Yosemite?

I am currently running Crossover version 12.5 and want to download version 14 and the new Yosemite OS. Should I download Yosemite first and then version 14 of Crossover or Crossover first?

Thanks

I have no idea why it would matter at all, but if it makes you more comfortable, it would be somewhat "logical" to install an OS before the software that runs on it. So install a new OS first, it would just be the "order of things". But again, I don't have any really good reason why this should matter, unless your old OS can't run your new software, at which point you would just install your new OS anyway.

Relax, you're overthinking this...

I installed CrossOver 14 on Mavericks and today I upgraded to Yosemite. Everything works fine.

I don't think it makes a difference, really. Logically I think you would install the OS first but my case shows that isn't necessary...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMnhyUjhSUnhkWXN0Vk1kYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9