CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2016 won't open following update today 9/14/18

Quicken 2016 updated today and now won't open. I get a message saying " The program qw.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close"...You may want to check http://www codeweaavers.com/compatibility for tips about running this application.

Yes, I have this same issue. Quicken 2016 performed an upgrade and now when starting, immediately produces the error listed in above posting and exits.
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6
CrossOver 17.5.1
Quicken 2016 Mondo

BTW, I did submit a backtrace to CodeWeavers to help them trouble shoot the problem.

I've never figured out how to revert back to pre-upgrade version of Quicken when problems like these occur, if anyone knows how to do this, appreciate your insights.
I keep weekly image file backups of the hard drive, along with time machine backups.

I am having the exact same problem. Restarted/rebooted and I'm still receiving the same error

Mac OS: High Sierra 10.13.6
Crossover: 17.0b5

I previously had a lot of problems with Quicken 2016 updates causing failures on Sierra (not High Sierra). I posted quite a bit on work arounds, but eventually CrossOver version 17.0b5 was released and that solved the problem while using Sierra. I read about problems with High Sierra, related possibly to whether the computer file system was changed when the update to High Sierra was done. I held off doing the upgrade for quite a while. Then CrossOver Version 17.1 (17.1.0.31334) was released, and I upgraded to this without any noticeable change to Quicken 2016 (which was working well), and I continued to hold off upgrading to High Sierra..

A few months ago, I inquired to CrossOver support whether Quicken 2016 with CrossOverVersion 17.1 (17.1.0.31334) was compatible with High Sierra, and I was informed that it was, irrespective of what file system was used on the MAC. Then I upgraded my OSX to High Sierra, and found that Quicken 2016 continued to work fine (my file system was not changed with the upgrade to High Sierra)..

I have not experienced any problems with Quicken 2016 lately. But I have not noticed any new updates being installed lately either. I would not be surprised that a Quicken update could cause a failure. This has happened before, and history has a way of repeating itself. The work around is to delete the bottle, reinstall Quicken from your source file, and install the prior mondo patch, and then disable the Quicken update exe files (quickenPatch.exe and qwPatchDownloader.exe) located in the Quicken program files found in your user directory-->Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Quicken 2016. Just change the extension and they won't run, and that will prevent Quicken from doing any new updates. Eventually CrossOver will solve the problem with an update, and you could re-enable the Quicken update feature if you want to. Please look up my prior posting for details.

Good luck.

Hello all,

Thanks for writing in - this is a known issue, which we are working to resolve.

In the meantime, many users have been able to get Quicken back up and running by reapplying the 17.4 patch. You can do this by right-clicking on your Quicken bottle and selecting Install Software Into Quicken 2016. In the search field start typing Quicken 2016 Mondo Patch and click on it when it appears in the list. Click through to install, and Quicken should be able to launch. If it still doesn't work, try clearing the installer cache in CrossOver's preferences window > Installer Assistant, then repeat the patching process.

If you continue to have trouble using Quicken, or would like to receive updates regarding this bug, please contact our support team at info@codeweavers.com.

Thanks,
Hana

Once you get Quicken up and running again by any method, it is important to disable Quicken updates for the time being. If you don’t, an update may occur and render your Quicken unusable again.

The fix worked. How can I stop Quicken from trying to update?

Yes, agree the work around has Quicken 2016 running again.

Update on fixing this issue more permanently -- these instructions should fix your bottle so that the latest Quicken 2016 update will run smoothly:

After following Hana's instructions to fix your Quicken bottle, you can install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 into the bottle; this should allow Quicken to update correctly. You can use the same method as described above for installing software into a bottle. After reinstalling the Mondo Patch into your bottle, repeat the steps with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2.

After installing both the Mondo Patch and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Quicken 2016 should be able to update to the latest version without an error. If you are still having trouble, please don't hesitate to contact our support team (See the Contact Us button at the top of this page).

Thanks,
Anna

Thanks. Installed .NET Framework 4.6.2 and Quicken opened. Then updated to ver 18.4 with no problems. Running Linux Mint, not Mac, but it worked nevertheless.

I followed the additional instructions to install .NET software and got two warnings -- how serious is this ?

1. Setup may not run properly, because the Windows Update service is not available on this computer.
  2. Setup may not run properly, because the Windows Modules Installer Service is not available on this computer.

Please advise if this is expected or if this is a problem, and if so, what is the recommended actions to take?

Anna Lasky wrote:

Update on fixing this issue more permanently -- these instructions
should fix your bottle so that the latest Quicken 2016 update will
run smoothly:

After following Hana's instructions to fix your Quicken bottle, you
can install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 into the bottle;
this should allow Quicken to update correctly. You can use the same
method as described above for installing software into a bottle.
After reinstalling the Mondo Patch into your bottle, repeat the
steps with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2.

After installing both the Mondo Patch and Microsoft .NET Framework
4.6.2, Quicken 2016 should be able to update to the latest version
without an error. If you are still having trouble, please don't
hesitate to contact our support team (See the Contact Us button at
the top of this page).

Thanks,
Anna

I would like to know what the most current versions are for Quicken 2016, and for Quicken 2016 (home & Business)--in case they have different versions, etc.
Please post.

I am running Quicken 2016 (Home & Business). Version: R14 (Build: 25.1.14.5). I think this version is at least 4 months old.
Although many users have reported recent Quicken updates on Sept 14, my program did not do an update in September.

Wes,

Those warnings are expected because CrossOver is missing things that .NET is looking for in a full Windows installation. Ignoring the warnings should not cause a problem for you.

Thanks,
Anna

With the mid-September update, what is the latest version of Quicken 2016?
Does anybody know if that is the same version for Quicken 2016 (Home & Business)?
Thanks!

Thanks Anna for confirming those .NET warnings are nothing serious.

Craig, my Quicken 2016 Premier is Version: R18.4 Build 25.1.18.4

Wes, thank you for this information. My Quicken 2016 (Home & Business) has a different version: R14 (Build: 25.1.14.5).
I have not been able to determine if Premier versus Home & Business would have different versions, or are they simply different modules within the same version.
Any idea about that?

Wes wrote:

Thanks Anna for confirming those .NET warnings are nothing serious.

Craig, my Quicken 2016 Premier is Version: R18.4 Build 25.1.18.4

Hi Craig, I don't have any insight on the versioning between the quicken products -- sorry.
I'd recommend checking the quicken support and forums to see if you can get an answer there.
Good luck.

Can you provide information on how to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 into the Quicken bottle?
Thanks.

Edit: I figured it out. Thanks

After the recent update, Express Web Connect fails for two of my banks:
Elan Financial Services returns error CC-502
SunTrust Bank Small Business returns error CC-899

These errors have persisted for over a week, and resetting the accounts through the Online Services, Reset Account tab has not resolved the error. In the past with earlier versions of CrossOver and Quicken, these errors would occur once in a while, and the Reset Account feature would usually fix it.

Searching the web shows a lot of Quicken users on Windows have experienced these errors from time to time, and often it is a Microsoft "Windows" problem. However the fixes suggested generally are not applicable since Quicken is running through CrossOver. Some Windows users have suggested that there is an incompatibility between Quicken dlls and certain versions of Windows dll like Vista, and Windows Registry modifications have beens suggested. However I am not sure how that information would apply to CrossOver users as our situation may not be equivalent.

We need solutions that can be implemented through CrossOver.
Anybody else experiencing similar Express Web Connect problems?

New to Crossover -

I'm pretty excited to be able to ditch my old Windows machine if I can get Quicken 2016 to work on my Chromebook......

I installed Crossover from the play store and Quicken 2016 from my install file.

However, when I launch Quicken 2016 I get stopped at the Quicken login page.It asks for my Intuit login and password, which I enter correctly but it comes back with "An unknown error occurred, please try to connect later"...

Not sure what to do about this as, if it's not a Crossover problem, relates to the fact that Intuit no longer owns Quicken... so maybe there's no server to respond?

TIA

Try making a Quicken account on the web and registering your product. hope it works.

I have been a Quicken user since 2003.... I have an account and attempting to connect to it.

You somehow have to transfer your account from intuit to quicken. Call quicken support and see if they can help.

Hi Peter,

You need the "Mondo update" in order to get the new Quicken sign-in rather than the Intuit sign in. You can install this update by right-clicking on your Quicken bottle and choosing "Install Software into..". Search for "Quicken 2016 Mondo Patch" and install this.

Thanks,
Anna

1 to 26 of 26

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN1lidnR0VHdGWXpDQWs2ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9