CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2016 crashes after Crossover 18 update

I downloaded the crossover 18 update and attempted to open Quicken 2016 which attempts to open but then crashes.

If this is correct, please don’t “push” an update when I relaunch CrossOver. The last round of Quicken/CrossOver crashes, updates and work around almost made me drop both products. I’m not welling to go though that experience again.

The issue is related to not being able to update to the R18.4 patch. To resolve this issue install .NET framework 4,6,2 in your existing Quicken 2016 bottle. Quicken will launch and the 18.4 update will go through successfully.

If you are still having issues send in a support ticket : https://www.codeweavers.com/about/contact-us#support

Thank You.

Unfortunately the .NET framework 4,6,2 failed and I got this message:

"It appears the a Windows 7 64-bit bottle is required in order for the .NET Framework 4.6.2 update to install. When testing with other bottles, the installation did not succeed with a "File not found." error."

When I launched Codeweavers today, if forced me to take an upgrade (prompted me to install it when I opened it). So I went ahead and did to the upgrade. Now my Quicken 2016 will not launch. It tries to open and then spins a colored small pie shape around on the screen and then my MacBook started fans I think and started to get very hot. What's going on?

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Randall I Paul wrote:

When I launched Codeweavers today, if forced me to take an upgrade
(prompted me to install it when I opened it). So I went ahead and
did to the upgrade. Now my Quicken 2016 will not launch. It tries
to open and then spins a colored small pie shape around on the
screen and then my MacBook started fans I think and started to get
very hot. What's going on?

I am not certain, but this may be an issue we have seen in-house and which our support staff can help resolve. I am forwarding this post to our support queue so that they can get in touch with you to investigate.

Quicken 2017 Home & Business also crashes since Crossover 18 update today. Here we go again! Quicken launches, tries to draw the window, then closes. Sort of worked once, it loaded a window but it was blank. When trying to close Quicken the program froze and I had to force quit. Now it launches and quits every time.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I have similar problems with Quicken 2015 after the Crossover 18 update.

While I can successfully open the QDF file, I cannot click the "Accounts" tab in any of the Reports and Graphs panels without resulting in a crash of Quicken. I just emailed support with my crash report details.

I'm having the same problem with Quicken 2017. It launches OK but at some random point I get the spinning beach ball and the fan comes on. Have tried restarting Crossover and rebooting the machine but no luck. I've sent email to info@codeweavers.com as suggested in other posts.

I was able to get Quicken 2016 back into action by downloading 17.5.1 from my archived downloads as an interim solution until the issue with 18.0 is resolved. Leave 18.0 in your apps folder and run 17.5.1 from your downloads folder. You'll be prompted to "upgrade data" when launching 17.5.1.

On Mac, it is also possible to have 2 versions of CrossOver in your apps folder as long as only one version is opened at a time. You can name the 17.5.1 version something different so to make sure that you don't open one version while the other is still running.

We are currently working on a solution to this newest Quicken bug and we appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime. If you have a ticket in the system, you will be notified when we have a long-term solution.

Thanks,
Anna

I did the Crossover 18 update as well, and at first my McAfee virus software quarantined one of the executables, but after a reboot, it installed without issue. But now, Quicken 2017 H&B launches but if I try do a One Step Update, it hangs and I have to Force Quit. I wish I knew people had been having issues for several days and avoided this update. It would be helpful to get on a distribution list for certain apps so that if there are issues, an email could be sent out, or a pop-up prior to updating.

Fix the bug.......
Using Q2017, as I am two system (Yosemite) upgrades behind, believed I was now forced to get current, what a pain in the butt.
Codeweavers, this is not your first rodeo, check, double check, triple check (on multiple OS x platforms [old/newish]) and make sure it works before releasing.

Damon Webster wrote:

I did the Crossover 18 update as well, and at first my McAfee virus
software quarantined one of the executables, but after a reboot, it
installed without issue. But now, Quicken 2017 H&B launches but if
I try do a One Step Update, it hangs and I have to Force Quit. I
wish I knew people had been having issues for several days and
avoided this update. It would be helpful to get on a distribution
list for certain apps so that if there are issues, an email could be
sent out, or a pop-up prior to updating.

I emailed support and got a response that they are working on fixing the bug. In the meantime, I clicked the link in their response to download CO 17.5.1. Upon reverting to that version, the Quicken app is working again.

Same issue with Quicken 2018. I also tried to open an old 2015 version with the same result.

Any status updates on a fix for this issue??

Crossover 18.1.0 was just released. I'm not brave enough to test this one out to see if the Quicken issue has been resolved. Are you brave enough to try it and report back?

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/announce/?t=24;mhl=212141;msg=212141#msg212141

Hello all,

As Bill has mentioned, CrossOver 18.1 was released today and includes bug fixes for two Quicken-related bugs on macOS. Users who experienced crashes or launch failures with Quicken 2016 - 2018 on CrossOver 18 should see functionality restored on the latest release. We have also resolved a bug which caused the latest Quicken 2016 Mondo patch to fail during installation.

Thank you for your patience while we've worked to resolve these issues. As always, if you encounter problems or need further assistance, feel free to contact our support team: https://www.codeweavers.com/about/contact-us#support

Hana

I just installed and it worked for Quicken 2019 Windows on my MAC. I did not test Quicken 2016. Good luck.

Works for Quicken 2017 home & business
However, when I updated Crossover on mac (OS Mojave) and opened it, it said it will not be supported on Mac future versions. Think, the fixed the bug by going back to 32 bit.

Quicken 2016 all good with 18.1 update!

1 to 21 of 21

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia0JKUUFMOWtUaDJQTGtUNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9