CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Asylum Software Markbook 2012 - THREED32.ocx error upon launch

Hi there,

I checked under the "What runs?" section and asylum software's markbook is listed, but not tested under OS X. Also, the last time it was tested was in 2007. The company does provide a mac version, but the file system is incompatible between Mac & PC. Also, the workflow is quite different.

I installed Markbook 2012 in a new WinXP Crossover bottle. Installation went fine, but when I run the program, I get the error:
[image=http://d.pr/i/arGs+]
(I've tried Win7 in the past and get the same result)

I've read through the forums for others having threed32.ocx issues, but I still haven't gotten it to work.

If you need to download an installer, here's a link to the Markbook 2012 Product Page where there is a demo available.

I've tried on my ArchLinux box, and what you are missing to run this is mfc40.dll to be placed inside the bottle in drive_c/windows/system32. (Use the bottle manager, in the advanced tab to "open the c: drive") With that library, the software runs fine.

Now, for the missing dll, I haven't found any good way to get it. None of what is available in the Crossover installation dialog has mfc40.dll in it from what I've seen. I had the dll in two places, on a game disk and a winxp virtual machine. I also know that winetrick downloads a cab file here, and then extract the dll from it. But I have no idea how to extract a cab file on Mac (I'm an ignorant Linux user 😋). You could also just search for it on the web and download that, but be advised that DLLs can contain some nasty stuff, although the risk might be minimised because of Crossover, since it's not an actual Windows OS.

As truly last, very last resort, I could let you get it from my little ftp server this one time. I doubt MSFT would like me to do that so it will be a one time deal, and you would have to trust a complete stranger.

Thanks for the help, I'll see if I can find it from a reliable source on my own. If that fails I may drop you a message.

Hello,

Try using this crosstie: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=9087

And tell us if it work for you

Regards
Carlos

Hello,

Better I created a crosstie for Markbook try it: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2432

Regards

The crosstie for MarkBook 2012 was just enabled, test it: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2432

Whoa. I pretty much wrote this off after I had trouble last year. My apologies for not replying. The cross tie works, some of the graphics are a little wonky, but I'll be playing with the functionality over the next little while to see if the full functionality is present. Then I'll rate it.

Hi All:

I too have had the same problems installing markbook. But I got it to work in Ubuntu Linux and in Linux Mint by doing a couple of things. The THREED32,ocx error is two parts...you actually need to install two files, THREED32.OCX and also MFC40.DLL into your wine windows system directory, usually drive-C/windows/syswo64 or drive-c/windows/system32...if you want to be sure put it in each windows system directory. Then Install Markbook and it will run fine. To get the files, copy them off a windows machine that has a working markbook program. You'll find them in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory. I hope this helps!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZkhBVEp4dzlKdVVHWDZ2QiIsImdkcHIiOjB9