CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver 12.2

Just installed CrossOver 12.2 and I have to say I find it extremely annoying to have to rearrange the Programs menu almost every single time, CrossOver is updated. Please, at least have CrossOver ask me whether I really want this or check the changes I made itself before just willy nilly recreating the program menu, leaving me with the work of redoing everything again the way I want it to be.

edit: Also it is rather annoying to have all the recreated items opened as windows in Finder. It crashes Finder every time this happens. Ok, I am running Totalfinder which is sort of flaky but it does exactly what I need it to do as long as no programs come and try to open 30+ windows on the fly.

Glad I'm not the only one that finds this annoying. It's especially annoying when you use multiple versions of Crossover.

Eveline wrote:

edit: Also it is rather annoying to have all the recreated items
opened as windows in Finder.

You can disable that behavior by typing the following into Terminal.app:defaults write com.codeweavers.CrossOver RevealNewIcons -bool NO

sevae wrote:

You can disable that behavior by typing the following into
Terminal.app:defaults write com.codeweavers.CrossOver RevealNewIcons -bool NO

Thank you!

I wanted to circle back to this forum post as we close the bug.

We've improved this behavior with CrossOver 14 and the new GUI design.

If it happens to crop up in a bad way, we would appreciate knowing but otherwise we believe this issue is resolved.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWHpBa2hGN3hTZjVRQkU3RiIsImdkcHIiOjB9