CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to use code weavers on both my desktop and my new laptop

I have code weavers installed on my desktop. I just tried installing on my laptop and they're asking me to pay again even though I am logged in under my name. How can I use for both?

There should be an option to register inside the CrossOver application, it will ask you for your email and password. enter both and it will be fully activated.

From what I remember you can't use two CrossOver instances, with the same license, concurrently. But yeah, make sure they're both registered first.

Ive used two, one for my laptop and one for my desktop for a while now. Ive never tried using them both at the same time, but you should be able to use it on two different computers.

The licence is clear, you a can have as many installs as you want, but you can only legally run one copy per licence at a time. There is no reason a second install can't be registered, aside from a bug.

Just for clarification

My desktop is Ubuntu, my laptops (personal and company) are macbook pros.

If I restrict myself to running only one copy at a time (i.e. never leave a Crossover instance running at work when I go home):

• do I need to buy separate licenses for Ubuntu and OSX? Presumably, they use the same licensing mechanism - unless the license key encodes the host OS)

If I don't want to close down all Windows apps at work when I go home (say I use crossover for a different set of apps on the desktop than on the laptop), do I really need two licenses?

In the most narrow interpretation possible, the answer would be yes, you need two licences since not closing one instance means having two instances running at once. But that being said, I believe the "spirit" or intent of the licence would allow you to leave instances of your other apps running, as long as you are the only person working with only one instance of Crossover being actually used.

So, with what you have described, I would say you are fine with one licence. Yet, to be sure, why don't you write to info@codeweavers.com.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRU1ZZUFWcm5kbmg3bWNIUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9