CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Game Launchpad Shortcuts

Currently, if I want to add a shortcut to a Steam installed game (rather than using the Steam program) I used Crossover's run command, navigate to the game (in the Steam Apps folder) and 'Save to program menu'. It then appears nicely in the OSX Launchpad and I can even give it a custom high-res icon.

But I was wondering if this is best practice; am I overlooking a simpler solution?

Thanks,
Matt

There is under Linux, in the control panel of the bottle manager. There is a "edit menus" entry in the control panel that allows menus and desktop shortcuts to be edited. That being said, I can't find a mention of this in the manual for the Mac version of Crossover. I don't know if the manual is just incomplete or Mac don't have that for real.

In the case in can help, here is the relevant page for the Linux version, so that you know what to look for on the Mac version....

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-linux/controlpanel

Thanks but unfortunately this option does not appear to be available in the Mac version. I'll carry on as I'm doing. On the Mac, if you remove items from the Crossover programs folder (using Finder) and then 'Refresh' the program menu in Crossover, the menu updates to match.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickp4ZENWdkxhSGFYdEFBOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9