CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS Office add-in doesn't function

I'm unable to get an add-in for MS Office to function.

Here's the details:

• Host OS: Mac OSX Mavericks
  • CrossOver v13.2.0.27771
  • Windows Program: MS Office 2007
  • Add-in: Addintools Classic Menu v6.80 (adds old-style menus to the new ribbon).
    URL: http://www.addintools.com/index.html

Office 2007 is in a bottle by itself. I attempted to install Addintools using the Run command and selecting the install executable, and it installed to its own bottle. It ran through normal installation process with no reported problems. I uninstalled that and deleted the bottle. Predictably, Office modules did not see it. I uninstalled it and deleted the bottle.

I then tried Configure > Install Software..., using "Other Application" and selecting the Win installer executable and the MS Office 2007 bottle. Again, installation progressed successfully, but the a new bottle. I uninstalled that and deleted the bottle.

Last, I tried Configure > Manage Bottles... and selected the MS Office 2007 bottle, then clicked on Applications. This was very nearly a repeat of the previous attempt. This time, however, no new bottle was created. However, running MS Word and Excel does not show the menus that are supposed to be provided by Addintools. When I examine the list of Excel add-ins using Excel Options, it appears in the list.

In Windows 7, no additional step after install is necessary to see the effects in Excel - it is automatically active. I've tried exiting CrossOver as well as rebooting OSX and no change.

Any ideas on how to make this very essential (I hate the ribbon!) add-in work with MS Office 2007 under CrossOver? Is there any other info you need from me to help diagnose the problem?

I only have a week left on my trial for v13.2, so I'd sure appreciate it if you could help while I can still how well this program meets my needs.

Thanks,
Chuck Lodholm

Just so you know, I have tried the demo of your software, and for some reason it works fine. I'll admit that I use Linux and not a Mac, but that shouldn't matter. Anyway, I couldn't reproduce the problem, so I'm not even close to helping you out.

You could write to info@codeweavers.com, maybe to could help, even if you're still on the demo time.

Thanks for trying. Interesting you could get it to work in Linux.

I'll drop a note to the addy you gave, thanks for that.

Chuck

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVXVQcEFIVjNzRUpMQ1VtYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9