CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Games won't even start

so I have the trial of crossover right now, just seeing how i like it. but the problem is, i have tried downloading and installing several different games and none of them will even start after i finish all the steps. when i click to play the name just flashes up in the left of the top bar, like it is about to start but then it doesn't. this is very frustrating and I've tried using run commands as well and it just won't work. Help please?

Unfortunatly, not every windows software out there runs. Many do run, but there's no certainty, and that is why there is a full featured trial for you to try before buying.

That being said, solutions to games not running are usually specific to each game. So if we are going to try getting any games to run, we need to know which games first. Maybe someone already has solved issues with those games. Otherwise, knowing the specific game requirements are also a good start, but for that, we need a title.

Is there a game/software you want to start with first?

To help you out, we need to know which games specifically you tried.
Please post the names?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTEZndEN4bVpTYXRtTnFnVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9