CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem installing/running a portable file

Hello,

Today I tried to run a portable game but it gave me an error and it closed.

Would you please help me to solve this issue ?

Here is the error copied from my log file :

** Tue Aug 12 17:00:02 2014
Starting '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader' 'winewrapper.exe' '--no-convert' '--run' '--'
'/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/wine/assocscan.exe.so' '--scan' '--icon-dir' '/Users/Alex/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour.exe-2/windata/Associations'

:cxlogfilter:exit

Thank you very much

Dear Alex,
from your log i guess you are trying to run C&C Generals Zero Hour.

This is an expansion to C&C Generals, you will need that too to run this.

Without you telling anything about what you would like to do apart from "running portable game" it is very difficult to help.
Please provide additional facts about your system, crossover version, game version.

Did you consult the Forums for C&C? There is an installation guide here:
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4301;forum=1
You will need the original cds, though.

From your log, i do not see errors, just the regular "game opened" and "game exited" messages. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please be aware that it is not allowed to discuss DRM circumvention on this forums.
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/dmca

Cheers

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNlc1Sm1Ia1lFclM4eXBRRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9