CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Windows drivers upgrade?

Just one simple question: do I need to install any drivers (eg. graphics card, sound, game controller etc.) or DirectX under Crossover?

I have tried running a simple flight simulator (Strike Fighters) the other day and it was very very sluggish, probably because of a graphics card issue.

I was thinking of upgrading the AMD Drivers, but not sure if it's necessary at all...?

Thanks!

You do not need to install Windows drivers inside CrossOver. Those drivers wouldn't work because the OSX drivers have full control of the hardware, and because CrossOver does not implement a Windows kernel to load them into.

Unfortunately I can't say why Strike Fighters is running poorly for you. The information about this game in our application database and the wine appdb is rather thin. People report that it runs, but there's no word about performance.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

You do not need to install Windows drivers inside CrossOver. Those
drivers wouldn't work because the OSX drivers have full control of
the hardware, and because CrossOver does not implement a Windows
kernel to load them into.

Unfortunately I can't say why Strike Fighters is running poorly for
you. The information about this game in our application database and
the wine appdb is rather thin. People report that it runs, but
there's no word about performance.

Thanks for the info Stefan!
I will try to fiddle with the settings in-game, maybe I can find a way to run it with better frame rates somehow.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibTRnUU5TdHRFRnlwc0JUUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9