CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Registering a DLL - fails to load?

I am trying to register a DLL. In a previous older version I have been able to do this, as I posted a forum topic about how and why it is needed with the apps I run, but have not been able to do so with 12.5 or other recent versions.

The command regsvr32 "/Users/matt/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/XPGD7/drive_c/Program Files/Xara/Xara_Photo_Graphic_Designer_7/XaraDLLs/WebFileUpdater.dll" returned 1.

Command output:
Failed to load DLL C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara_Photo_Graphic_Designer_7\XaraDLLs\WebFileUpdater.dll

Does anybody have any idea why this might fail? And fail in this way?

The path has been checked and is correct. The path was found using the browse button.

Thanks,
matt

Turning on logging when running the command showed:

** Wed Aug 21 11:05:45 2013
Starting '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader' 'winewrapper.exe' '--workdir' '/Users/matt/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/XPGD7/drive_c/windows/system32' '--start' '--'
'/Users/matt/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/XPGD7/drive_c/windows/system32/regsvr32.exe' '/Users/matt/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/XPGD7/drive_c/Program Files/Xara/Xara_Photo_Graphic_Designer_7/XaraDLLs/WebFileUpdater.dll'

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Xara\\Xara_Photo_Graphic_Designer_7\\XaraDLLs\\WebFileUpdater.dll") not found

So I installed "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable"

And now the DLL is registered correctly.

Hey lover of Xara designer... I am running xara designer pro x9. It works like a charm. Of course a couple of stuff doesn't work. Here is a list.

1. Can't install third party plugings
  2. Can't import psd files
  3. Corner markees for shrink or enlarging or rotating is not visible so you have to guess more or less where they are.
    That's about it up to now.. I am still testing but I am well satisfied with how it's working. You can even use portable photoshop to enhance photos in designer. Up to now everything else working very very good. Crossover has surprised me with this application.. 2 thumbs up crossover...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZlV0Zlk4cVE0VmFIU0VQYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9