CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

The Secret World

ok Here is the scoop i have an iMAC duo core and I am running os x 10.6.8
I want to get the secret world running but not though steam (i literally own 6 copies of the game and dont want to buy a 7th lol)
I am on the trial of the crossover software so I have but 13 days left to try and get this working... is there a way to use the bottle created with the steam version then install the non steam version of the game?

and Question...
Is anyone running TSW on a duo core imac and if so how does it run?

thanks!!!

Looking a steamdb... you should probably be fine with creating a fresh Windows XP bottle and installing DirectX Modern and Core Fonts in it. Try it and let us know what happens.

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Looking a steamdb... you should probably be fine with creating a
fresh Windows XP bottle and installing DirectX Modern and Core Fonts
in it. Try it and let us know what happens.

first off thanks for the quick reply!

it doesnt seem to work, i got the installer to install but when i run it it sits blankely for a min or so then quits TSW and never shows the patcher.
This seems to be the case with alot of ones i tried to instal. I am wondering if this is maybe because i only have 1 gig of memory?

I have tried the following and gotten errors only Guild Wars seems to work...

Star Trek Online - Patcher comes up but when i launch a blank white screen comes up and then exits.
TSW
Dungeons and Dragons Online (I get the patcher but it doesnt update)
D&D Neverwinter (online) - ARC installer installed but when i run it nothing happens then exits
Lord of the rings online - launcher never comes up then exits

Any advice is appreciated
Thanks!

I'm looking at possible specs for the Core Duo iMacs on this Wikipedia page.

I don't know what to tell you. Those are rather underpowered machines. If you have the misfortune of using one of those Intel GMA graphics chips you're probably in for a rather rough time where gaming is concerned. Not the the ATI chip with 128MB of VRAM would be much better :/

Humm i do have the Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 128 MB

its not a HUGE problem if i cant run anything, I have a windows based gaming machine. I was just hoping to bring a little life back into this iMac so a Friend could play on it minimally when visiting.... I wish they still supported the 32 bit version of Windows Bootcamp... sigh.

Thanks though

Maybe I will upgrade to 2 gigs of ram and try again some other time hehehe

Will Graft wrote:

its not a HUGE problem if i cant run anything, I have a windows
based gaming machine. I was just hoping to bring a little life back
into this iMac so a Friend could play on it minimally when
visiting.... I wish they still supported the 32 bit version of
Windows Bootcamp... sigh.

Thanks though

Maybe I will upgrade to 2 gigs of ram and try again some other time
hehehe

Let's see, we have that here in-house and we don't use it much for obvious reasons... what do we run on it for games that is not horribly painful?

Plants vs Zombies
Wizard101
Pirate101

I know we've run a few other titles on it but it's not a great system at all for gaming purposes. You might be able to play some older titles, some GOG games or the like. I've played Lord of the Rings Online and Left4Dead on it... but I wouldn't recommend either.

Will Graft wrote:

The Secret World requires at least a 8800 nVidia GPU or a Radeon HD3850 with a minimum of 512MB of video RAM. You should try to run stuff that matches your HW config or requires even less resources. There are many games on GoG.com that could potentially run.

Thanks much for the info!

It saves me a lot of headaches :) Though I may try Pirates 101 been kinda curious about that one ;)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidEtGOTNhS1U0OTh3bk50VCIsImdkcHIiOjB9