CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Altova Authentic - Hangs on Opening Files

Altova Authentic hangs when I open any file it should be able to open. This behaviour also applies to the sample files that were installed with the application. To confirm the downloaded EXE is fine, I installed the product on a Windows XP computer and was successful on that computer when I opened the same sample files. Any help would be appreciated.

I was able to reproduce this with their "community" version. Darn, they ask a lot about you even for that before they give you a key :/

Anyway, add Internet Explorer 7 to the same bottle where Authentic is installed. It should be able to open those files.

Ugh, what an unusual mix of Java, C# and C++ all in one application.

It worked! A big thanks. Out of curiosity and to hopefully help me better understand system requirements within Crossover, even though I too found out that the software needed Java, C# and C++ (and VBScript) how did you translate the requirements on these software to an Internet Explorer 7 installation?

BTW, I bought and installed the CO less than a week ago, and am impressed with the product. Your help is very appreciated!

I created a debug log and looked at its contents:

fixme:ieframe:BrowserService_GetTravelLog 0xec5e9c0 0x500cabc
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 84 of CGID_ShellDocVie
w
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus (0x20dd28)->((null) 1 0x500cac0 (ni
l))
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus command_0: 27, 0x0
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 25
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 26
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 37 of CGID_ShellDocView
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 84 of CGID_ShellDocView
fixme:ieframe:ClientSite_GetContainer (0x20dd28)->(0x500ca9c)
fixme:mshtml:nsChannel_GetContentDisposition (0x11977b48)->(0x500c200)
fixme:mshtml:nsChannel_GetContentDispositionHeader (0x11977b48)->(0x500ba20)
fixme:ieframe:ClientSite_GetContainer (0x20dd28)->(0x500d8fc)
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 25
fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 26

It had lots of that. Basically screaming "I need IE to render things".

Here's a link on how to create one:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/submittechsupportlog

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZVlUeTU5a3VMQ1hzRUNHUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9